Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
I didn’t take any pictures but this is too good to not share! The flavor is better than anything you could get out of a can, it’s healthier for you and it only takes a few minutes to make! This would also freeze very well so you could make a big batch and divide it.
Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
- Pinch of sugar
- 8-ounces 2% evaporated milk
- Handful (approx. 3/4 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.
- Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again.